Technical Project Manager, DevOps
Product Development | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Full Time | From $35.00 to $65.00 per hour
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - Work from anywhere
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $35 – $65/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years working experience in programme or project management, product operations, consulting, regulatory compliance, or finance operations role that worked closely with product and engineering teams
- Experience building trusted partnerships with product and engineering teams
- Exceptional project management skills
- Ability to work independently and a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to prioritise and complete multiple projects with deadlines
- Excel, Python, SQL or GIT skills to drive data analysis
- Attention to details and cross-functional relationship management skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong understanding of middle and back office banking operations, finance operations, and compliance functions
- Experience working at a fast-paced financial services company
About The Role
As a Project Manager, you make it possible for our client to launch new products, features, and other improvements on their products and/or products for their clients. You will lead cross-functional projects designed to improve their operational efficiency and readiness. The role will work on scaling operations for existing products as well as designing the operational programmes for new initiatives. The role will work very closely with cross-functional partners including product management, business, market operations, marketing, compliance, legal, and engineering to guarantee operational readiness. You are passionate about delivering an excellent customer experience, achieving product objectives, and working with multiple partners.
Your Day-To-Day Will Involve
- Planning, coordinating, and driving discipline around the processes for testing, launching and rollout of new products and features
- Develop detailed project plans/sprint scopes, review and prioritise tasks to software developers, and maintain plans, schedules, dashboards, and other ongoing monitoring systems or metrics
- Manage product deployment/release schedules, sprint cycles, feedback loops, testing, integration, and develop a base standard or system that can be followed by all stakeholders
- Manage team of software engineers, including prioritising tasks, scheduling regular meetings, liaising potential problems or concerns, and ensuring transparent communication between developers and product managers/executive team
- Ensuring the operations teams are ready with the resources, information and processes required to support new products (training, playbooks, documentation, resolution paths, FAQs, etc.)
- Developing, managing, and continuously improving processes for scale that help your product and/or engineering teams meet its goals more efficiently and effectively
- Working with operations teams to collect, prioritise and communicate product-related challenges to be considered by product and engineering in future development
- Monitor project milestones and establish and execute an effective reporting process, including but not limited to preparing status reports on a regular basis and as required, and communicating progress to all stakeholders
- Review tasks and issues completed by software engineers to ensure they meet the criteria as described by the project manager, product manager, and other key stakeholders
- Surfacing customer or operations use-cases and edge-cases to validate requirements and proposed product solutions
- Partnering with customer-facing and operations teams to help them make more tailored content for specific audiences
- Serving as a central point of contact for inbound requests from other teams, responding (or appropriately routing them) to save engineering time
- Lead special projects and carry out any other duties which may be required from time to time
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.