Technical Documentation Writer (Freelance Contract, Remote)
Operations | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Full Time and Contract
ESTIMATED HOURS PER WEEK: 40
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (short, one-time project)
LOCATION: Remote (in timezones between PST and EET)
DURATION: expected contract through December 31, 2020
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need an experienced developer for this client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our Client is one of the two experienced franchise and multi-unit institutional private equity investors in the United States.
As background, their platform serves as the foundation for discovering new investment opportunities -- collecting and processing tens of thousands of news items, LinkedIn, and Twitter feed updates and alerts. It is the most advanced technology platform of any venture or private equity firm and they can share a 50 page PowerPoint presentation as context of what it is.
They have invested $1.5M building a technology platform, starting after they acquired large data sets from the social web in 2014. They have since expanded their capability to gather data and process data. They have been approved by investors to invest heavily in accelerating the development of the platform.
The Project / Position:
At this stage, they recognize the need to document what has been built, what it does, how it is built, and how to use it. They are looking for a Technical Documentation Writer to document, in detail, the user and technical side of the platform. This will serve as the baseline guide as they grow the technical development team and expand the number of users within the business.
Today, no real documentation exists, but they have two developers who you can work with on the technical side (code, where it lives, how to access it, disaster recovery, security features, etc.) along with the product manager on the business/user side to document what it does (inputs and outputs) and how to use it effectively.
They are targeting an EOY completion date for the initial documentation, but as part of this project, they will be asking you to estimate the level of effort and timeline to complete over your first few weeks (after you have a chance to get into the details).
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards
- Obtain a deep understanding of the platform to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets their users up for success
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze and design documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Develop content in alternative media forms (as applicable) for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with Braintrust's core team. We will answer your questions about the project and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project. Candidates will be invited to bid on additional projects that are a fit as well.