Tech Product Lead - ATG eCommerce
Engineering | Remote | Full Time and Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80 - $110 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term project Ending February 28th 2022
Strong e-commerce experience
Extensive hands-on experience with Microservice spring boot development
Should also have architected ATG to Microservice architecture
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Tech Product Lead - ATG eCommerce for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality, on-trend clothing, accessories and personal care products at affordable prices. Our clients brand is built on more than 40 years of customer focus, dedication and innovation. Starting with one store in 1977, our brands have grown to more than 1,000 stores in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Hong Kong, and ship to over 80 countries worldwide through our websites and mobile applications.
We are looking for Technical Product Lead to join one of our Microservices team. You will be working and leading efforts across many cross-functional teams including engineering, infrastructure, and product owners.
We’re looking for someone with solid microservice experience and has spent time in an Oracle ATG eCommerce environment. You will be a part of the design process, write technical specifications and stories that communicate roadmaps and vision for the business.
You will work closely with key stakeholders on the technical team from design to delivering new features into production. If you enjoy fast-paced, technically diverse environments, and creating new eCommerce experiences for our customers, then you’ve come to the right place.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Partnering with business product owners to align on roadmap and timelines
- Conduct technical design sessions and come up with architecture/ design documentation
- Write technical stories and groom them during Iteration planning meeting to entire team
- Lead skills to plan and allocate work for the engineers (Dev – Services/UI, QE) in team
- Working closely with SRE, to monitor key applications like using Splunk and New Relic
- Partnering with the Performance Engineering team to ensure the microservice applications are resilient to high loads and stress
- Work with Infrastructure teams to set up the foundation for microservice applications like Pubsub, RMQ, Firewall, and integrations
- Review PRs on daily basis
- Collaborating with the release management team to push features into production
- Hands-on ATG Ecommerce and Microservices experience as a Tech lead
- Has understanding of how to strangle ATG architecture and carve out microservice domains
- 3+ years working on microservice platforms
- 5+ years of ecommerce experience
- Experience with Spring Boot & GKE
- Experience creating build plans and pipelines using Bamboo or other CI/CD tools
- Experience with microservice platforms like Kafka, RMQ, Google Pubsub, MongoDB, Postgres
- Strong communication skills
- Experience actively negotiating with Product Managers
- Architect skills to conduct technical design sessions and come up with architecture/ design documentation
Bonus - If you have TDD (Test Driven Development) Practice experience
- Very strong communication and collaboration skills
- Able to get into the weeds technically, but also a big picture thinker
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.