Tech Lead/Full-stack Developer [iOS/Flutter] (Freelance, Remote)
Product Development | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No C2C/agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: PST working hours required);
ESTIMATED HOURS PER WEEK: 40hrs (Full-time opportunity)
CONTRACT DURATION: Long-term, ongoing
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $40 - $75 USD / HR
- You LOVE to get your hands dirty and code
- You’re a self-starter and strong finisher
- You write well and communicate clearly
- Must have built iOS apps
- Must have used Flutter or extremely open to it
- Must care about humans, animals and the planet
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Tech Lead/Full-stack Developer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client has built an immersive mobile app, to discover all things ethical and sustainable. It leverages a powerful curation platform they’ve designed based on decades of experience building and growing content companies.
They are a funded early stage startup seeking a stellar Full Stack Developer who loves to code iOS apps + supported infrastructure and is ready to build something for good.
Imagine a world where everyone can be a good human. A safe and secure community where conscious consumers can connect with others on the same mission and use their spending power to make a positive impact in the world. That’s the world they’re building. And they’re looking for people with integrity who are motivated by the idea of building a community with great positive impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
If you are a Full Stack developer with front-end and back-end experience, who is passionate about building something that can have a positive impact on others and the world, they need you.
- Work closely with CTO/CPO
- Define, design, develop, and implement high quality software solutions in all layers of the application stack, from infrastructure to front-end
- Design protocols, algorithms and APIs between system components including server/client interactions and APIs
- Support and enhance a consumer-facing MOBILE app (iOS and Android)
- Manage external developer team for special project
- Attention to detail
- Experience with at least one backend framework (e.g. React, Vue, Angular, Laravel)
- Experience developing iOS and Android apps
- Experience and excitement to work with Flutter (they’re using Flutter/DART for iOS & Android apps)
- A deep understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining REST or GraphQLl APIs
- Experience with Firebase, Kubernetes and GCS
- Strong understanding of data structures, object-oriented design, and algorithms
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Speak fluent English
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. and available in the PST or Central time zones
The top traits they look for in candidates are voracious curiosity, positive attitude and a sense of mission. They love people who attempt to do things that their resume says they're unqualified to do and things that would scare normal people in their position.
This isn't their first time as startup founders. They've set out to create a very intentional, high-performance and mission-driven culture. They work long hours, but they try to practice good self-care, and encourage all team members to do the same.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.