Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: GMT -5GMT -6GMT -7GMT -8 )
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80 - $100 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a SRE for our client.
- Proactively address potential stability / performance challenges that could impact site performance
- Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of services and infrastructure serving the website and Mobile apps
- Own and run post SEV1 incident reviews and follow up fixes/changes
- Solve availability/performance problems and build software-based solutions to prevent re-occurrences
- Design and develop automation frameworks and test suites to enforce SRE techniques and tools
- Analyze and identify performance bottlenecks and make recommendations
- Implement metrics, monitoring, incident response and capacity planning processes
- Collaborate closely with Developers/Solution Architects to ensure a designed solution responds to non-functional requirements such as availability, performance and maintainability
- Collaborate closely with Performance Engineering to review and understand Performance tests and results
- Collaborate closely with Monitoring and alerting teams to identify possible metrics within the application and ensure coverage across
- Build Self-Service tools for the SRE and for other operations’ groups that automate the way out of manual toil of operations
- Build and maintain runbooks to troubleshoot applications, infrastructure and services that are in use
- Develop tools to effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Proven experience operating highly-automated, mission-critical 24/7 production systems
- Experience understanding of full stack service/microservice based eCommerce application
- Good knowledge of client-side rendering, UI debugging tools, web performance measurement
- Understanding of an ecommerce framework/setup
- Experience troubleshooting VM issues (Node, Java) with the help of memory/heap dumps
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Familiarity with infrastructure components such as routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage and networks
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.