Sr. Web SWE
Engineering | Remote | Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $110 - $130 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Web SWE for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
One of the largest and most popular platforms in the world. Their code operates at massive scale and speed, serving billions of requests per day, connecting hundreds of millions of active platform users to real-time information about their lives and the world we live in.
- You are passionate about web development, whether or not you have a Computer Science background.
- You recognize that you’re building software products for people, and understand that shipping involves collaboration and compromise.
- You have experience working closely with a variety of teams including product management, design, and infrastructure.
- You want to apply your knowledge of web technologies to work on a product that impacts millions of users every day.
- You care about web accessibility: we want to reach everyone everywhere!
- You get work done, and thrive in a small team environment.
- You are collaborative and approach conflict with the intention to find a solution.
- You have a strong sense of ownership, and a curiosity to understand how things work, even if they take you outside your area of expertise.
- You have a track record of designing and delivering reliable, efficient software and systems.
- You are passionate about teaching: We put a high value on learning from each other. You should be skilled at pairing, teaching and sharing things that you've learned.
- You have empathy and self-awareness: The foundational trust of all strong teams relies on understanding yourself and others.
- You work as part of a team, including engineers in remote offices
- You take a collaborative approach to work and can incorporate feedback from product, design and your engineering peers
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a web engineer, you will work closely with designers, user researchers, data scientists, product managers, and engineers that support the client platform and its infrastructure.
You will be an active participant in design and code reviews, team processes, and product decisions. You’ll participate in our educational culture, embracing opportunities to learn from the community of peers across functions, as well as teaching us your strengths.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.