Sr Web/Mobile App QA Engineer (Freelance, Remote, NO C2C)
Engineering | Singapore, Singapore | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No C2C/agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote; (Asia-based candidates preferred)
ESTIMATED HOURS PER WEEK: 40hrs (Full-time opportunity)
CONTRACT DURATION: Long-term, ongoing project
HOURLY RANGE: $20-$36/h
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Web/Mobile App QA Engineer for our client.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our client is focused on designing financial solutions that align with the organizing principles of this new economy. They partner with market networks to design fundamentally new financial products, share in the revenues earned from financing customers and freelancers, and help companies grow their capabilities and profits. They align incentives by tying their success to the customer, powering the future of work in the digital, on-demand economy by empowering those who daily create opportunities within it.
- You MUST be able to work effectively and efficiently with a remote global team across time zones in a fast-paced fintech startup. Be willing to learn new technologies, come up with ideas and be proactive
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- 3-5 years’ experience in manual testing of mobile and web applications
- Automation Testing experience of 3-5 yrs in Mobile App, Web & Backend API testing using Cucumber, TestComplete, Appium or similar tools.
- Strong communication skills. Can you tell us what is wrong, understand what other people say is wrong, and can you ask questions to fill in the gaps for what you don’t know?
- Ability to self-prioritize and self-regulate. We don’t expect you to work miracles, but we do expect you to develop a sense of what’s most important and communicate what can and can’t be accomplished in the available time.
- Strong troubleshooting skills. This tends to be a combination of being methodical, intuitive, experienced (eventually) and that ol’ black magic that all good QA engineers somehow have in their back pocket.
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle and Experience working in Agile development and Scrum environments including tools Jira, Confluence, Postman
- Financial Domain experience in testing Banking, Personal finance, and consumer-oriented apps
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Test software delivered by 4-6 developers in Agile manner.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities and communicate with global team
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open-source tools.
- Identify, record, document, and track bugs to resolution.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Create and maintain regression suite
The team is ~12 people, but all the engineering team is based in Asia, so candidates in Asia are preferred. 100% Remote Work.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.