Sr. VR Engineer (Remote) (No C2C)
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: PST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $50-70 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Sr VR Engineer for our client.
Shipping game features and pre-release development for Android-based games. Tasks will include implementing UI/UX, gameplay and locomotion features, and social experiences for our users. We lean heavily on the XR framework for Unity, so it’s a great chance to get experience with that if you’ve always wanted to.
- 4+ years experience as an engineer on a game team
- 2+ shipped titles, preferably on embedded platforms
- Experience with virtual reality platforms (Oculus, Vive, PSVR)
- Unity Pro: At least 1 shipped project built in Unity3d
- Familiarity with Android development
- Master of C# programming language. Experience with C/C++ is desirable
- Strong understanding of linear algebra and other maths that power 3D gaming
- Strong proficiency with source control tools used in a team setting.
Nice to have
- Architected and owned critical game systems
- Knowledge of async and real time multiplayer architecture
- Understanding of social games mechanics
- Skilled at communicating technical concepts with a team
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.