Sr. UX/UI Designer
Design | Remote | Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90 - $110 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a UX/UI Designer for our client.
Come strengthen the chemistry of our client's team and help us empower software companies to provide powerful self-serve analytics & in-app comms tools to their PMs, Design Managers, and other product roles.
Our client is looking for an energetic UX/UI Designer with great visual design and data visualization chops to help imagine and design a new platform to shape how companies onboard, support, and engage their employees in the digital workplace.
This is a great opportunity for designers who love creating new products, are passionate about transforming the digital workplace and building the future of work, and have a demonstrated track record of delivering engaging, intuitive product experiences.
What you'll do:
Designers lead the full lifecycle of their designs across all platforms, collaborate with product managers on strategy, participate in research to test and validate designs, and consult with engineering to make everything come to life.
- Be a key player in the iterative design process of this new product from research/discovery to concept to shipping
- Create compelling concepts, wireframes, user flows, designs, and prototypes throughout this concept development process that continuously “raise the bar”
- Work with cross-functional teams (developers, product managers, researchers, content strategists) to drive design vision and strategy that meets the needs of our users
- Skillfully explain your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Leverage our design system and deliver high-fidelity assets and specs ready for engineering, and collaborate closely with engineers to bring your work to life
What you bring to the table:
- 5 years of experience as UX/UI designer, with a track record of crafting visually compelling and engaging interfaces and design patterns
- Extensive experience with B2B/SaaS/enterprise, analytics, and data visualization
- Experience leveraging design systems to create artifacts quickly with the right level of fit and finish and contributing design patterns back to them as needed
- Expert focus on detailed aspects of visual and motion design, from branding/visual guidelines to typography, composition, color theory, data visualization, etc.
- Experience of the end-to-end iterative UX product design process, including how to develop and use user scenarios, user journeys, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity visuals.
- Excellent storyteller and communicator. You’re clearly able to articulate the intentionality behind your work.
- Deep empathy for the user. You’re able to frame problems and opportunities from the user’s perspective.
- Proficient in Figma.
- A strong online portfolio that showcases a variety of work to prove it all
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.