Sr Software Engineer (SDET)
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $85 - $125 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, long term project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Sr Software Engineer (SDET) for our client.
As a team member, you would be responsible for maintaining the health and performance of world-class cryptocurrency software with a team of senior engineers. You would be collaborating with some of the most diligent minds in the cryptocurrency industry on product direction, both on the core Sifchain team and among its partners, investors, and advisors. As an early team member, you must feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where the solutions aren’t already predefined.
Prior experience with blockchain projects is helpful but we are primarily interested in capacity to grow into the role. You should have prior experience in taking part in supporting high-quality backend architecture. You should be willing to test the technical architecture of entirely new blockchain protocols.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about being at the forefront of a new technological paradigm and can lead the design and development of scalable applications.
- Many years of software engineering and devops related experience (ideally many decades)
- Experience in CI/CD, DevOps and related technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Proven work experience in software testing or quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software testing methodologies, tools, and processes
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Keen eye for detail and a commitment to excellence
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them
- Be open to receiving constructive feedback and turning it into process improvements
- Experience with deploying and testing complex software systems with substantial data volumes or millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability.
- Ability to think about protocol design, network design, and systems design from first principles
- A keen aptitude for sharp feedback and structured communication
You want to work on building things the "right" way to make sure our technical foundation is solid as we build on top of it over the coming years
- Independent and self-drive
- Industry competitive salary
- Joining a talented and senior blockchain engineering team
- Full time remote
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.