Sr Software Engineer - Node+Typescript [Remote, NO C2C]
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (EST working hours required, US-based candidates preferred)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay +$70/h
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
+5 years of backend development experience
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Software Engineer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
They are an MIT spinoff consisting of machine learning hackers, full stack engineers, and user-experience doyens. They value epic engineering and a high emotional intelligence, high empathy work environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Our client offers the opportunity to work with many exciting new technologies. Your time will be spent iterating on the following goals:
- Writing performant database code for handling trillions of data points
- Building high-performance horizontally scalable machine learning architecture
- Implementing and championing best practices and principles for test automation & micro services initiatives.
- Writing compact performant data structure
- Crafting elegant, scalable web-services
- Defining and optimizing cloud & on-premise infrastructure
- Embracing continuous integration & DevOps best practices
- Working on a small team and helping where help is needed
WHO YOU ARE:
You’re a data centric software engineer who has experience working directly with product owners to deliver on both architectural & feature roadmaps. You have a love for both user-centric design and highly performant databases. You work hand in hand with front-end engineers to crush quirky interaction challenges, while seamlessly responding to big data requirements coming in from machine learning specialists – you do all of this while managing production deployments and outages. You’re comfortable working in an un-siloed company and interacting with non-technical stakeholders.
- 5+ years of professional backend development experience
- Strong knowledge of Postgres internals and advanced features
- Comfortable writing idiomatic Python
- An ardent purveyor of automated deployments with both unit and integration testing
- Experience building and maintaining distributed micro services; debugging & monitoring live production environments, and experienced with Docker
- Understand the difference between Lean & Agile and why it’s important
- Examples of clean code you've written filled with great design-patterns and a track record of working with numerous modern development frameworks
- B.S., or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
FULL TECH STACK ON THE PROJECT:
- Storage: PostgreSQL / Elasticsearch
- Frameworks: Express, Angular 8+, RxJS, Mocha, Chai
- MicroServices / Continuous Deployment
- Orchestration: Docker & Docker Swarm
- On-Premise / AWS / GCP
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.