Sr. Software Engineer – Full Stack
Engineering | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Contract | From $35.00 to $45.00 per hour
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $35 - $45 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, Ongoing project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and get a say in how the network is run with the BTRST token. We've onboarded some of the world's most reputable brands and now we need a Sr. Software Engineer – Full Stack for one of our clients.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Was designed with construction and development professionals in mind, providing an easy-to-use collaboration tool for task management, punch list and inspections. The mobile-first application allows users to document conditions, request action and communicate in the built environment. Used by owners, developers, GCs, subcontractors, architects/3rd party consultants and property managers, Buildup ensures that everyone is "on the same page" and projects are completed on-time.
You are a full stack engineer with experience working in agile, lean, high performing teams mandated to deliver digital services or SaaS platforms. Ideally, you’ve built modern day reactive web platforms, scalable backends in cloud and/or on-premise environments. You have been part of a journey of highly ambiguous start up environment from ground zero to a production deployed platform.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
We are a small and nimble team, so you’ll likely get to experience and participate on many projects in various technical capacities. However, you should broadly expect the following set of responsibilities:
- Actively contribute towards development of our Construction Technology platform and help it scale globally
- UI/UX Development using modern reactive web frameworks such as React.js/AngularJs
- Develop consumer agnostic, fault-tolerant, scalable, highly available service-oriented APIs
- Actively contribute in evaluation and adoption of appropriate technology, frameworks
- Write unit tests to ensure quality of your deliverables
- Keep your team unblocked by wearing multiple hats, be it quick help in setting up a raw CI/CD pipeline or a helping hand in Cloud automation, you are a go get it done person
- Participate in technical design discussions and efforts estimation
- Establish deep technical understanding about our technology partners and customers
- At least 2 years of experience developing cloud native Single Page Applicaction using React.js/AngularJs
- At least 2 years of experience developing and architecting RESTful APIs
- Hands on experience developing with node.js, SQL (PostgreSQL), AWS.
- Excellent team player, strong communicator, analytical and critical thinker
Nice to have:
- In depth understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms and Distributed systems
- Deep understanding of service containerization, Authentication Systems and Protocols.
- Good understanding of System design patterns and experience navigating tradeoffs b/w cost, scale, speed, and agility
- Experience in using version control tools, task estimation and owning end to end deliverables
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.