SR Software Engineer
Engineering | Seattle, WA | Full Time
We're a real estate syndication platform that helps syndicators streamline equity raising, automate operations, and reach more investors. It is a marketplace between small syndicators and investors. Our goal is to help everyone achieve financial freedom through real estate investing. We have been growing at 80-100% week over week.
- Tech spec, implement, and productionalize critical features
- Improve operational efficiency such as monitoring, metrics, dashboards
- Help define roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs.
- Technical leader of large projects from idea to efficient execution with high quality and reliability.
- Effectively communicates with the team and other stakeholders to achieve results.
- Actively participates in team technical discussions.
- Designs, builds, or improves a set of team-owned components or services. Executes with high quality and reliability on projects requiring deep understanding of team codebase and technologies.
- Python / flask on the backend
- React / Redux on the frontend - note you do not need any frontend experience. The role is backend.
- Amazon Aurora postgres for database
- S3 for document storage
- Github for codebase and Heroku for deployment
- For better or worse, we like folks with deep algorithm skills. Yes, those are the people who did TopCoder or LeetCode and that’s fine. Candidates who love solving puzzles.
- We prioritize folks who take the initiative to go out and make something on their own. If candidates had done a side project, please tell us about it.
- They are orthogonal to each other, you either are highly algorithmic or you have a passion for tinkering with projects, you don’t need both.
This is a full-time, fully remote role. Ideally, you are located in North America, but we are open to other time zones on a case-by-case basis.
- You own the end to end of a project
- Competitive pay for all, and substantial equity if you are senior
- Learning and development resources
- Flexible work schedule, with an open vacation policy
- A kind, thoughtful team who cares about your well-being. We believe that’s a true statement because most of our team is through a seed pool of employees who then refer their previous tech leads / co-workers to join us.
- Learn about real estate! For example, here is a brown bag with an introduction to real estate investing for techies.
Rate: $45.00-$120.00/ hr
Time Zones we work with: GMT -5, GMT -6, GMT -7, GMT -8 -/North America