Sr Software Engineer (AI/ML, Search, Analytics)
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: PST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $75-100 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Sr Software Engineer for our client.
Only US candidates will be considered
5+ years of professional Software Development with object-oriented programming languages (Python, Java, C++, C#, or especially Golang)
• Practical experience building Search experiences with a focus on relevance and performance
• Cloud and Container Development Experience (Kubernetes, Docker, and Azure)
• Experience developing secure applications in a Cloud environment
• Experience with continuous delivery, testing, security practices, performance, and disaster recovery.
Nice to Have:
• Statistics and linear algebra background
• Experience with vector search and machine learning preferred.
• Experience in Python and other scripting languages
• Experience with large-scale data ingestion and analysis.
Looking for people who like to work in a collaborative environment and are willing to both teach and learn.
We are a Mission-Oriented organization that needs candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset. We need people that get today's job done yet look ahead independently to solve challenges we face while building for the future.
What you provide:
• Drive for excellence: You constantly consider, "How can I keep making things better?"
• Operational excellence. You write code with a solid understanding of operational requirements
• Security first: You know what it takes to build and operate secure software. You understand defense-in-depth, risk exposure, and the mechanics behind common exploits. You take a big picture view of security and understand how to maximize your impact on the overall security posture.
• Keeping calm and carrying on: Capable in navigating through a product outage, skilled in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and figuring out the root cause of incidents.
• Self-directed: Able to understand overall product goals and work with minimal direction to further those goals within the larger team
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.