Sr Product Designer, UI
Design | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 - $150 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Your book of UI, Icons, Typography, Product Pages with User Flows
Both part time and 40hr/week role open
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Sr Product Designer, UI for our client.
About the Project / Role
We’re hiring an experienced product designer to lead creative efforts across our digital offerings. You’ll oversee the look, form, and function of our products.
Some background: The client-facing side of our product looks like fintech or healthtech; it’s about building thoughtful flows that make complex and scary topics feel simple and accessible, and quickly connect needy people with help. The lawyer-facing side looks more like vertical SaaS; it’s about giving power users a full-featured platform that empowers and nudges them to do great work. For a company that’s grown extremely quickly without an on-staff designer, we think they’re in okay shape today. But both have huge room for improvement, and will benefit a ton from a thoughtful, unified product and design vision created by a leader like you!)
- Build a new design system from the ground up (that can scale across our products for the foreseeable future)
- Lead end-to-end design work for our core products: conduct research, select features, create wireframes and prototypes, and work with engineers and product to build and launch
- Craft a plan to overhaul our existing products and pay down our “design debt” over time; be thoughtful about where your work will have immediate impact on the business (vs. what can wait), and allocate resources accordingly
- Get to know our users and be an advocate and voice for them in high-level discussions; work closely with the product team to shape our roadmap for future product launches and updates
- Oversee new products as we grow; think creatively to develop different design languages and approaches, then test and iterate
- You’re capable of leading a broad spectrum of design work, and would feel comfortable designing A/B tests, building out a design system in Figma, overseeing the creation of new product flows, and owning a visual rebrand
- You’ve worked at companies that deeply valued design and had a great design culture
- You’ve built strong relationships with peers in other departments (product, marketing, engineering, customer service, etc.) and can speak to how you collaborated effectively
- You’ve built products for diverse and varied sets of users and care about accessibility
Bonus / Nice-to-Have:
- You’ve worked at a Series A or Series B venture-backed startup where you had to build a lot from square one
- You’ve built products that offer complex, important services to ordinary consumers — e.g., insurance, finance, healthcare, marketplaces, etc.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.