Sr. Product Designer
Design | Remote | Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90 - $110 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Product Designer for our client.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to drive a customer-centered UX strategy and execute on seamless workflow experiences for our platform, for both mobile and desktop experiences. We’re looking for an experienced product designer who loves and has had success in simplifying complex workstreams into simple, intuitive experiences (including by reducing unnecessary clicks and surfacing guidance through next best actions). You bring a solid knowledge of best practices and a keen ability to leverage data insights to substantially improve the value and performance of the products you work on. You value feedback, care deeply about quality, and are outcomes focused.
Our client seeks to solve highly complex problems through an end-to-end platform solution that measurably improves business outcomes for our agent customer. This is a great opportunity for product designers who are strong system thinkers, excited about the ways that technology can take on the heavy lifting of day to day work, and have a demonstrated track record of delivering simple, intuitive customer experiences.
What you'll do:
Designers lead the full lifecycle of their designs across all platforms, collaborate with product managers on strategy, participate in research to test and validate designs, and consult with engineering to make everything come to life.
- Own the iterative design process of major feature initiatives from research/discovery to concept to shipping
- Create user flow diagrams outlining optimized “happy path”, secondary use cases and edge cases
- Create Detailed wireframes for user flows (from lo-fi to hi-fi as you progress through the process)
- Design mid to high-fidelity prototypes for testing
- Meaningfully collaborate with PMs on product specs.
- Participate in extensive user research, identifying key pain points and solving for them.
- Pair with engineers to realize your designs on all platforms (web, iOS, Android).
- Be constantly on the lookout for best practices, design patterns and anti-patterns, throughout various industries and platforms.
- Participate in sprint planning discussions.
- Be a key player on a small but mighty team making a huge impact
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience designing consumer-grade experiences and/or enterprise software, incl. B2C, B2B2C, PaaS, SaaS
- Experience working on complex workflow experiences with demonstrated success; real estate, financial services, eCommerce, or CRM/campaign management experience a big plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively collaborate with other designers as well as cross-functional partners including user researchers, product managers, and engineers; and available for all key meetings throughout normal working hours
- Demonstrated understanding of cross-platform thinking and best practices on both mobile and desktop platforms
- Experience working in an agile development environment and comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Practiced at iterative ideation and deliverables, seeking and receiving feedback as a natural part of the product development process, and finding opportunities inside of requirements and constraints
- A strong online portfolio that showcases a variety of work to prove it all
UX skillset to include:
- Ability to define/understand customer-first user problem/job to solve for and align on a set of requirements with product and engineering partners
- Strong critical thinking skills; data-driven; comfortable with ambiguity
- Develop simplified user flows to meet requirements and deliver a complete user experience (covering all use cases including edge cases)
- Understand user flow(s) within overall customer journey
- Leverage all available data to inform key hypotheses and define measurement for proving/disproving
- Facilitation of remote team brainstorms/worksessions a plus (via Miro)
- Strong technical background with an understanding of the basics of modern applications
UI/Interaction skill-set to include:
- Experience working with design system components, thinking in terms of design systems, and making rational and logical design decisions
- Strong visual design and interaction design skills; able to create artifacts quickly with the right level of fit and finish
- Familiarity with best in class UI + interaction patterns and best practices;
- Ability to create interactive prototypes in Figma
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.