Sr. Java Developer
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: GMT-5)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90.00-$125.00/ Hr
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Java Developer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
- This team works as a startup taking on strategic projects to incubate new products and services for multiple enterprises
- In 3.5 yrs of existence, this group has executed 15 highly funded projects and launched 7 brand new products
- Every project works autonomously to execute their objectives, executive sponsorship, and a very patient capital stream that thinks 2-3 years down the line
- We are looking for a Java developer to join our team of software and network platform engineers
- The developer will be part of the core engineering team that will be responsible for the incremental delivery of a resilient and scalable firewall automation solution
- You’ll work with RESTful web services, distributed database technologies, and network devices like firewalls and routers to build cutting automation software
- You can expect to deliver incremental business value through an agile SDLC
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Due to our compliance needs, US Candidates Only
- This will be a long term W2 contract position
- 5+ years of experience delivering large, complex software platforms
- Previous experience with RESTful web services and should be comfortable with Agile processes, with an emphasis on writing high-quality, easily testable code
- Proven work experience in Java development, and experience with test frameworks like Junit, Mockito
- Excellent object-oriented or functional analysis and design skills
- Must be a hands-on software developer, comfortable multi-tasking, and able to work independently
- Experience with running and troubleshooting software on the UNIX platform
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.