Sr. iOS Developer
Engineering | Remote | Full Time and Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: GMT -8) Must overlap 11 am - 5 pm PST
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90 - $110 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
HIGH-LEVEL QUALIFICATIONS: Swift, iOS, APIs, UIKit
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior iOS Developer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Must overlap 11 am - 5 pm PST
No location requirements
Porsche Digital's Palo Alto team is embarking on a project to redefine what can be accomplished with iOS and CarPlay. This team will focus on integrating CarPlay with the existing Porsche ecosystem.
Please note we are looking specifically for Swift iOS developers as opposed to Objective C.
Our team is very collaborative and typically carve out afternoons 2-5pm PST to be on group calls. You will be picking up tickets and being assigned to tackle new problems. Must have working hour overlap 11-5pm PT, but flexible on location. You will be joining a small team of iOS developers, a Project/Product Manager, QA/Testing and a UI/UX Designer.
- Self-driven and motivated to get things done
- You think about “why we are doing this”
- Strong engineering, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are a proactive and effective communicator, adept at working
with various teams and leading initiatives with little direct supervision
- 4+ years experience developing iOS apps
- 4+ years of experience with Swift
- Experience with writing mobile software in a fast-paced engineering team
- Extensive experience with Swift and mobile design patterns
- Experience with UI Constraints, Storyboards, Xcode unit and UI testing
- Holistic understanding of end-to-end data flow between containerized services and mobile clients
- Experience with implementing complex designs with UIKit
- Extensive experience with mobile application lifecycles
- Familiar with Scrum/Agile work environment
- Familiar with quick code iterations, failing quickly and retrying
- Understand and familiar REST APIs
- Nice to have experience: Siri and/or Apple CarPlay or Automotive
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.