Sr. Front-End Engineer - Typescript + React + CSS
Engineering | New York City, NY | Full Time and Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Must be located in the US to apply Remote (TimeZone: GMT-8 GMT-5 GMT-6 GMT -7)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $70 - $100 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
HIGH-LEVEL QUALIFICATIONS: TypeScript, React.js, CSS, Next.js
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Front-End React Engineer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Guardian Direct, a well-capitalized insurtech venture based in Hudson Yards.
Guardian Direct is energized by their mission to create an exceptional digital marketplace that will respond to the ever-changing landscape of consumer needs. You’ll be a valued member of a team of marketers, designers, engineers, product experts, and data strategists working together to realize this vision. You can thrive in a startup environment where you’ll have the opportunity to build from the ground up and leverage your passion to innovate and create technical solutions that fuel future growth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with a modern tech stack including React, Redux, NextJs, TypeScript, Jest
- Work in a collaborative environment with a team of talented product owners, engineers and designers to produce a best-in-class customer experience
- Join the team at the ground floor and play an important role in building the future of insurtech
- Develop broad business skills and experiences
- Become obsessed with the customer and the relevant user journey data that informs strategy for the business as a whole
- Be lean in how you operate, always improving, always aligned to the bigger picture
- 3+ years of Typescript
- 3+ years React
- 3+ CSS
- 5+ years of experience delivering high-performance, public-facing web applications with demonstrative business impact
- 4+ years of React SPA development
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs (REST, GraphQL)
- Experience developing complex applications in an agile environment as part of a multi-disciplinary, diverse team of engineers, designers, product excerpts, marketers and strategists
- Experience with modern web application development, including build tools, testing and CI/CD
- Working knowledge of security best practices, specifically related to PII
- Excitement, energy, and strong people skills including excellent communication capabilities
- A nimble approach to thinking strategically while rolling up your sleeves and getting great work done
- Experience in a startup or venture-like operating model preferred
- Open minded to learn other frameworks
- Daily standup 10-10:30am EST, Agile methodology
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.