Sr. Front End Engineer
Engineering | Remote | Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $70 - $85 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Front End Engineer for our client.
Our client is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer, who is motivated to transform the real estate industry. You would be paving the way as the first frontend engineering hire at the company, we are looking for someone who can work through tough ambiguous problems, has an eye for aesthetics, dreams of the perfect data visualization to describe a dataset, can crank on a codebase, and is relentless about pleasing their customers and users.
What you will work on
You will work on leading the design and implementation of our critical web application and work directly with backend engineers and machine learning engineers to integrate their work into a beautiful application. Please note we are looking for engineers experienced with 3d and 2d geometry applications. You will
- Lead the development of our frontend applications in React.js
- Rapidly prototype new concepts and features into our webstack
- Rapidly prototype new ideas on how to visualize information and test their validity
- Work with backend engineers and machine learning engineers to bring their data and models to the end user
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a fullstack frontend developer that is looking to push the boundaries of possibility, interested in expanding their machine learning skills, set the pace for a company on how frontend development should be done, and drive technical excellence through demonstration
- 5+ years of experience as Fronted/fullstack engineer
- Demonstrated capability building production level applications supporting a strong user base
- Track record and portfolio of projects that speak to your work
- Strong knowledge of UI design and UX principles
- Strong understanding of data visualization
- Excellent command of React.js
- Strong knowledge of restful services (http, REST, json)
- Strong knowledge of SQL and databases (mysql, postgresql, etc..)
- Working knowledge of AWS ecosystem
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Working knowledge of backend API development strong plus
- You are great in ambiguous situations and prefer it to be that way
- You are willing to take responsibility for you work and have a heightened sense of ownership
- You iterate quickly, believe in constant and consistent improvement, and continuous learning.
- Excellent communication skills and take pride in your ability to communicate and distill complex topics into succinct explanations.
- You lead by doing and prefer substance over flash
- Working knowledge of machine learning a major bonus
- Industry expertise in real estate and/or financial services major bonus
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.