Sr Front End Developer (Remote) (No C2C)
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: PST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $60-85 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Sr. Front End Developer for our client.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Translate UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
- Ensure high-quality graphic standards and brand consistency.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensuring web design is optimized for smartphones.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years experience as a Front-end developer
- Experience building and maintaining single-page applications.
- Experience with React framework and react hooks.
- Experience working with UX/UI design systems.
- Understand the difference between SSR and CSR.
- Understand browser cache, local/session storage, cookies.
- Understand CORS.
- Understand Open Graph Protocol.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Understand how authentication/authorization using JWT token works.
- Proficient understanding of HTTP methods and main HTTP status codes.
- Experience working with CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS or LESS.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates.
- Understand layout aesthetics.
- Experience with Next.js.
- Experience with Node.js, Express, MongoDB, and API development.
WHAT YOU PROVIDE
- Drive for excellence: You constantly consider, "How can I keep making things better?"
Operational excellence. You write code with a solid understanding of operational requirements.
- Security first: You know what it takes to build and operate secure software. You understand defense-in-depth, risk exposure, and the mechanics behind common exploits. You take a big picture view of security and understand how to maximize your impact on the overall security posture.
- Keeping calm and carrying on: Capable in navigating through a product outage, skilled in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and figuring out the root cause of incidents.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management.
Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs of the team. We keep it real by being open and honest.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.