Sr Data Engineer (Azure)
Engineering | Remote | Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $70 - $90 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Data Engineer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
A digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity.
Sr. Data Engineer - Azure to join our team of bright thinkers and doers. You will use your problem-solving creativity to design and develop high-end technology solutions that solve our clients’ most complex and challenging problems in the Energy and Commodity space. We are on a mission to transform the world and you will be instrumental in shaping how we do it.
Focus on building end-to-end solutions in Azure Cloud Services. Heavy experience in Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, and Azure Data Factory is preferred.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work across a cross-functional team to develop and deliver cloud, data, and analytics solution for enterprise clients
- Develop and deliver large-scale Azure cloud application development and transformation engagements, helping enterprise customers understand cloud considerations, develop cloud application strategies and helping refactor existing applications for Azure, as well as develop new Azure-based cloud-native applications on Azure PaaS.
- Implement data solutions in Azure including Azure SQL, Azure Synapse, Cosmos DB, Databricks
- Build Data Models and reports for business users
- Experience in implementing data solutions in Azure including Azure SQL, Azure Synapse, Cosmos DB, Databricks
- Hands on experience configuring Delta Lake on Azure Databricks
Experience in designing data solutions in Azure including data distributions and partitions, scalability, disaster recovery and high availability
- Some Hands on experience with C#, ASP.NET, MVC, .NET Core, .Net Framework (4.6) JSON, and API development.H
- Hands on Development or Architecture experience using Azure SQL or SQL DWH (synapse)
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.