Sr Backend NodeJS Developer
Engineering | Remote | Full Time and Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80 - $100 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Sr Node.js Developer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client is a new commerce platform that gives retailers tools to create Amazon-grade shopping experiences. We champion a new, harmonious way of doing business that emphasizes connectedness and collaboration over competition and dominance. This is showcased in our products that rely on microservices, APIs, and easy integrations, and in our globally distributed team that genuinely cares about its customers. Our founders directed groundbreaking commerce initiatives at Staples and eBay, and our CEO created multi-billion dollar projects at Amazon. We're growing fast and looking for more awesome people to join us.
The Back-End Software Developer – SDE, partners with Product, Engineering and Design teams to deliver new features and enhancements for Fabric’s new eCommerce platform. This position focuses on providing eCommerce and related technology expertise to design, develop, and support on-line, customer facing, eCommerce products.
The successful candidate will have experience as a strong, hands-on technologist. A person who is comfortable with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment is required. Work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop product features that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principle
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and implement high performance scale able data-centric server-less microservices
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and roll out applications with cross-functional impact
- Own continuous improvement and fine tuning of API performance, scalability and security
- Independently design, code, and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes.
- Flexible approach to analyzing technical issues and clearly communicating recommendations/solutions
- Proficient in agile development methodologies
- Expected to deliver consistently with little supervision
- 7+ years of Software Development professional experience
- Excellent application development background and understanding of Web Application technologies and techniques
- Preferred - AWS Lambda or any cloud functions technology
- Knowledge of AWS and other cloud platform providers is preferred
- Proven ability to define and implement effective software development methodologies
- Experience development of large scale consumer facing micro-services solution is highly recommended
- Experience building server-less solutions is preferred
- You possess excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- A portfolio of projects that showcases these skills and capabilities
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.