Sr. Backend Engineer (Node.js)
Engineering | Remote | Full Time and Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (US Based and Canada Only)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80 - $100 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term Ongoing Project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Back End Developer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client has developed a prediction game where you get paid for being right. We are looking for a Sr. Node.js Backend Engineer to build scalable high volume low latency backend services. You will work with an experienced global cross-functional team building media rich game application for players and the creator. We are looking for data-first backend engineers with a strong acumen for producing high performance api’s. Experience with streaming, caching, and managing large amounts of images and videos is a big plus!
- 5+ years' experience in backend services
- 4+ years of experience with Node.js
- 5+ years of experience with PostgreSQL or similar relational databases
- Proficient in building high performance RESTful Web Services
- 3+ years of experience with AWS
- Able to perform independently all development tasks quickly based on designs and specs.
- Experience collaborating with onshore/offshore resources
- Fully capable of collaborating with designers and front-end engineers to deliver immersive experiences
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Accurately translate user and business needs into functional microservices
- Self-starter who is communication and outcomes-oriented
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.