Sr. Backend Engineer
Engineering | Remote | Temp to Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract-to-Hire Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $55 - $85 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month contract-to-hire project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Backend Engineer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client is revolutionizing digital assets on the blockchain. Cross Blockchain compatible with Ethereum and Flow, They are a digital asset marketplace, for items from audio NFT’s to digital art and collectibles.
- C2H preferred for this role.
- Must have 6+ hours overlap with EST, open to Global
- Desired Start Date: ASAP
- Experience Level: 5+ years / Mid Level +
- Highly experienced or expert level in GoLang, C++, Solidity, databases, and micro-service architecture (Docker)
- Knowledge of API integrations for traditional E-Commerce and Blockchain-based systems
- Openness to building out a hybrid Web2 and Web3 / Blockchain-based platform
- Experience in large-scale systems design and engineering at an infrastructure level for multi-vendor marketplaces
- An understanding of the basic mechanics of blockchain applications and dApps (past experience building user-friendly dApps is highly desirable)
- Excellent skills in communicating complex issues to an audience outside the infrastructure domain, and championing strategies to key stakeholders
- Bonus points for experience in the following: Globally distributed data storage engines, multiple cloud service providers, log collection tools and analysis, configuration management toolsets, infrastructure performance monitoring tools and optimization practices,
- An ability to write high quality, well-tested code
Potential to grow into a leadership position as the team expands
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Learn and own the platform’s existing and future tooling, architecture, and technical roadmap
- Drive requirements for refining old and adding new components to our backend system, from architecture and tooling, to implementation, testing and launch
- Shepherd products from designs and specifications to live deployments
- Improve and scale backend infrastructure for our core product; pursue opportunities for higher stability, efficiency and cost effectiveness across backend services and architecture
- Build out an incident management program and best practices
- Integrate with external API’s and public blockchains that support the product vision and roadmap
- Articulate a long term technical direction and vision for maintaining and scaling our web and mobile platforms
- Mentor, manage and train engineering team members on coding standards, architecture, and tooling
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.