Sr. AI/NLP Software Engineer [Remote, NO C2C]
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (US-based candidates only)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 - $120 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Sr. AI/NLP Software Engineer for our client.
As an AI/NLP Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the development and deployment of innovative AI models in the fields of video mining solutions. You will help data scientists to easily build, train, and deploy machine learning models. Members of the team are involved in innovative development and enjoy the fact that we have true product ownership of the tools the comapny supports.
The engineering team works in Python or C++, leading AI frameworks, AWS and Google AI toolset. Our client is looking for driven engineers with real technical depth and possessing a desire to understand the end business. They want people who are passionate and care deeply about the success of the whole company. You will have an exciting opportunity to make a huge impact within an organization that brings high visibility, and start-up culture.
Successful candidates will have excellent written and verbal communication skills. They will work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team that empowers each member to teach and learn from one another daily. Successful candidates will be comfortable in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work with engineers, data scientists, researchers, product teams, and other domain experts to build customized engineering solutions
- Design, develop, test, maintain, and improve an integrated code base for complex, advanced engineering products
- Expertise in various facets of ML and NLP, such as conversational dialogue systems, classification, feature engineering, information extraction, structured prediction, clustering, semi-supervised and active learning, topic modeling, and ranking
- Knowledgeable about core AI technologies, development framework and latest start-of- art benchmarks in the fields of NLP and Computer Vision
- Experience using a programming language such as Python, including fundamental software engineering principles and NLP/machine learning design patterns.
- 3 years of applied experience with AI tools, libraries, models and languages (TensorFlow, PyTorch, BERT language models)
It's great if you also have:
- Masters or PhD in Natural Language Processing, Image Processing or similar practical experience in an industrial or research setting. Refereed publications in premiere NLP, ML, and/or video mining venues in one or more areas related to information extraction, such as entity and relation extraction, entity linking, summarization, multi-actor detection, facial and emotion recognition.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.