Solidity Engineer/ Tech Lead [Remote No C2C]
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: PST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90 - $125 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
Solidity Kubernetes Cloud Truffle
The blockchain engineering team with our client is looking for a talented Solidity engineer to do foundational development work by helping to define and deliver against a coherent product roadmap.
As a Solidity Engineer you would design, implement, deploy, and support blockchain architecture. Your work would both directly and indirectly affect multiple blockchains and their auxiliary systems. You should be comfortable with the core primitives of blockchain, including distributed systems, fault tolerance, security, cryptography, networking, microeconomics, and performance optimization. You should be willing to implement your work on any blockchain that interfaces with Solidity such as Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, Cosmos (via Ethermint), Avalanche, or more.
As our client's team member, you would be responsible for creating technically viable software with a team of senior engineers specializing in devops, distributed systems, system architecture, testing, and other related fields. You would be collaborating with some of the most diligent minds in the cryptocurrency industry on product direction, both on the core of our client's team and among its partners, investors, and advisors. As an early team member, you must feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where the solutions aren’t already predefined.
You should have prior experience in developing high-quality Solidity architecture and be willing to implement it.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about being at the forefront of a new technological paradigm and can lead the design and development of scalable applications.
- Researching external blockchain systems, understanding how they implement solutions to core blockchain problems (such as consensus, account management, cryptography, fungibility, identity, data storage, and performance), and designing ways to integrate them with our client
- Developing application-specific features such as liquidity pools, margin trading, liquidity mining, custom consensus logic, and order books into a blockchain at the smart contract level
- Evaluating the microeconomic (decision theoretic and game theoretic) attributes of a cryptoeconomic design in terms of practicality, fairness, completeness, and capital efficiency, as well as identifying and documenting the relevant assumptions and externalities
- Design systems with minimal gas usage
- Developing with sound testing and debugging practices
- Creating technical documentation and well-commented code for open source consumption
- Collaborating with developers on all parts of the stack internally for auxiliary products such as wallets and block explorers
- Participating in open source development on shared resources with external development teams
- Communicating progress to our client's developer community through Youtube, Telegram, Discord, and developer forums in coordination with a technical product manager
- Fluency in Solidity
- Empathy with the user experience for cryptocurrencies; including software elements like wallets, block explorers, testnets, 3rd party custodians, and node status visualizers; text elements like developer documentation and tutorials; and event elements like price volatility, feature announcements, and partnership announcements
- Understanding of the tradeoffs of performance, compute, and memory and simultaneously optimize for all three
Ability to decompose complex business problems and lead a team in solving them
Understanding of rational decision-making among agents and the systemic effects thereof
- A keen aptitude for sharp feedback and structured communication
- Desire to work on building things the "right" way to make sure our technical foundation is solid as we build on top of it over the coming years
- Independence and self-motivation
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.