Senior UX Writer/Content Designer
Engineering | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Full Time
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: EST | Full day overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90-$110/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long-term, contract to hire
What you’ll do
The client Club Experience Design team crafts compelling experiences wherever we meet our members and associates—from our clubs, to their businesses, and to their homes. We creatively deliver impact for the web, apps, in-club experiences and associate-facing tools.
As a Senior Content Designer, you will help drive the brand voice and be a strong advocate for your customer. You’ll solve complex problems and work with others with the same passion, to collaborate and merge solutions into a larger structure and create a cohesive voice and design ecosystem.
The right fit is someone who is skilled at using language to simplify product interactions and help a user figure out what to do next but can also integrate the brand voice into those interactions – and has the portfolio to prove it. We’re looking for someone who understands the UX process (research, design, prototype, test) and uses empathy, logic, and hard data to inform their content and language choices.
How you’ll spend your days
- Write copy that help transform complex problems into easy-to-use designs for our millions of customers and associates around the world. This includes user interactions, tool tips, buttons, onboarding flows, app store assets, emails and so much more!
- Switch gears from deep thinking to rapid-fire execution.
- Ensure consistency of voice, language and content across all platforms and channels.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
- Present, communicate, and negotiate, and always look for additional opportunities to improve.
- Work without close supervision but seek out and welcome feedback from senior leaders and managers.
- Adapt to ever-changing priorities of our business as it grows.
Why you’re a great fit
- You are a strong team collaborator and work closely with your peers and experience teams to provide a great experience.
- You love to learn.
- You have the ability to work quickly and efficiently with an eye on the big picture while catching all the little details.
- You are a strong communicator with negotiating skills.
- You can manage your time and deadlines, as well as the ever-changing priorities of a large retail organization.
- You exhibit a passion for developing research programs on your own, and you formulate a research roadmap for things you want to learn tomorrow.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Design (visual, interaction, graphic, industrial, etc), or related field and 2 years of relevant experience OR Master's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Design or related field and 1 year of relevant experience OR 4 years' experience in user experience, design, or related field.
- 4+ years' experience working with product and engineering teams
- 4+ years' experience designing and conducting increasingly complex user research programs using a variety of methodologies in a corporate environment
- 4+ years' experience applying research insights to creative design solutions