Senior UX Researcher (energy study)
Design | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 - $150 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
case studies, current UX researcher
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior UX Researcher for our client.
Leads strategic design and execution of user-centered research and usability studies that provide actionable insights which influence design and development of associate, branch team and client systems, tools, applications and processes.
Collaborates and supports business areas and objectives that align to firm, division and department priorities and focus on client and user centricity.
Designs and executes user research using qualitative and quantitative methods.
Determines and recommends the most efficient and effective research approaches to solve for business needs and meet agreed-upon objectives, then guides business areas through the appropriate UX process.
Identifies and applies appropriate change management best practices and approach to build rapport, understand user needs, address resistance and reinforce key learnings or results.
Monitors UX project execution, including establishing and tracking UX project metrics and conducting evaluations.
Identifies, influences, supports and partners with multi-disciplinary teams, including other business areas, to execute UX projects.
Takes ownership for self-development, stays current with research techniques and tools in the field of UX.
Works with and provides supporting documentation to others that influences product, system or application development and implementation to ensure creation of efficient, sustainable and successful results.
Mentors and assists the UX Researchers as it relates to similar UX project needs.
Assists leadership with strategic planning, resource allocation and guidance to UX associates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Usability, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology or relevant field.
- 5+ years of User Experience research experience.
- Expert in both qualitative and quantitative user experience research methodologies.
- Proactively develops self in the field of current and emerging research and technology.
- Expert in critical thinking, strategic thinking, process improvement, relationship-building and problem-solving abilities.
- Expert in written and verbal communication.
- Able to expertly research, analyze and consolidate data into trends and share with teams.
- Expert in project management and organizational skills.
- Able to expertly establish and maintain effective relationships across departments, business areas, and vendors.
- Responds well to direction, embraces feedback and change.
- Presents ideas, thoughts, arguments, and information persuasively. Seen as credible and trustworthy.
- Consolidate, analyze and interpret research data and apply critical thinking as to how it addresses the business objectives.
- Understand and analyze appropriateness of various research methodologies.
- Determine how to manage multiple concurrent projects and balance resource needs.
- Determine how to address unexpected issues that occur throughout the research process.
- This role will have a high-degree of decision making, specifically around the use of research method, degree of team involvement in projects, and prioritization of projects and resources in partnership with UX Research Team Leader.
Span of Influence
- This role serves as a resource to every area of the firm.
- Research is conducted with investors, clients, financial advisors, branch-office administrators (BOAs) and associates and is utilized by almost every area of the firm.
- This role helps determine how and when research projects will be executed, which will have a significant impact on the nature of the research results.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.