Senior UX Designer ( No C2C)
Design | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies, No C2C
LOCATION: Remote initially, NY, NY post-covid
HOURLY RANGE: The client is looking to pay $100 - $150 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
Solid Senior Interaction Design work with complex mobile experience in (Fintech industry preferred)
Must have strong well written relevant portfolio samples including but not limited to ( research, personas, journey maps, wireframes, low & high fidelity. Make sure these are complex mobile samples that have shipped preferably)
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior UX Designer (Mobile) for the client.
We are seeking a Senior UX designer with strong FinTech product experience who is passionate about working in a collaborative, iterative design organization.
This person will be responsible for conceiving and designing data-intensive experiences for both investor and financial advisors. In their role, the designer will be an advocate for the user, proposing designs for key elements of the overall user experience that are clear, focused, and easy to use.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with product managers, business stakeholders and technologists to understand and act upon key business requirements
- Contributing to new feature definitions and exploration from concept through execution within an integrated team that meets business needs, user needs and technical capabilities
- Delivering design via concept sketches, wireframes, user journeys/flows, information architecture
- Applying a visual design system (e.g. through a designed symbol library) to work, and deploying prototypes, as needed
- Partnering with other UX/UI designers and developers to deploy user-friendly mobile-first customer experiences
- Seeing product additions/enhancements from concept or research to deployment and optimization
- Assisting Senior Design team in creating design rationale and specifications
- Advocating for clean, simple user-centered designs
The right candidate must show:
- Good working command of Sketch, InVision, and Figma
- Experience designing and launching product for FinTech and/or Investment Management companies. Products can be either Client/Investor-directed, Advisor/Team-directed or both.
- Strong foundations in information architecture, user flows, and related artifacts that clarify and organize complex information systems and business scenarios
- Experience designing solutions for mobile-first responsive design (app-only and desktop-only is not preferred)
- Experience creating designs (e.g. high-fidelity wireframes) for a complex systems environment - leveraging large amounts of content/data and synthesizing a simple, intuitive design direction for applications or other types of transactional interfaces
- "Clean" presentable work - while the candidate is not expected to be a full-on visual designer, their work should show a strong sense of hierarchy, spacing, and placement to convey how an interactive interface should work
- Ability to apply modern UI patterns to their work and ideally show consistency of those patterns across a wider system
- Success creating and launching work in a large product programs, with product managers, engineering, and design
- A track record of designing product that has been shipped (concept work is not sufficient)
- Thoughtfulness about the decisions they make in their designs (e.g. what they would want to test and potentially optimize post-launch)
- A passion for simplicity, user empathy
- A digital-product-focused portfolio, ideally with problem statement, audience insight, approach artifacts, solution, and outcomes.
- Experience working in agile, collaborative environment
- Familiarity with or experience contributing to multiple steps in the full digital product design lifecycle, from concept to launch, including research, usability testing wireframing, and QA contribution
- While their contribution may primarily be wireframes and other pre-visual-design artifacts, their portfolio should show the final design
- Ability to demonstrate interaction design beyond flat comps.
- Experience delivering work within an established design system
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Jira, Slack
- A sensibility for the role animation and transitions play in a user experience
- Some experience of user research and usability testing would be a bonus
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.