Senior UX Designer
Design | Remote in New York City, NY | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 - $125 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Must have portfolio
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior UX Designer for our client.
- Design application interfaces with a focus on workflow, integration, user interaction, and data visualizations, and proactively identifies ways to improve processes and systems
- Collaborate with developers to translate designs into elegant user experiences
- Establish and maintain good relationships across departments and business areas
- Lead walkthroughs to ensure quality and consistency of designs
- Level up the UX maturity and skill set of the team, department, and firm, through coaching, leadership, and knowledge sharing
- Own self-development, staying current with UX techniques and tools, and demonstrate out of the box thinking
- Proactively and clearly communicate with all levels of leadership and varying sizes of stakeholder audiences, advocating for the end user
- Bachelor's degree in Human Factors, Instructional Design or Computer Science preferred, or related work experience
- 5+ years of experience applying user experience principles to visual and interaction design
- Expert in responsive design techniques, data visualization, and interaction design
- Expert with rapid prototyping tools (i.e. InVision, Sketch, Balsamiq)
- Solid understanding of CSS frameworks (i.e. Bootstrap, Foundation) and browser debugging (i.e. Chrome, Safari)
- Expert in visual design, with solid understanding of typography, layout, and color theory
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills. Presents ideas, thoughts, arguments, and information persuasively. Seen as credible and trustworthy.
- Ability to multi-task and participate in multiple, large and complex efforts
- High attention to detail, and able to solve a range of design challenges with little guidance
- Responds well to direction, embraces feedback and change
- Proficient in understanding and applying UX research methodologies
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships across departments, business areas, and vendors
- Knowledge of brokerage or financial company processes helpful
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.