Senior UX Designer
Design | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90-110USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a UX Designer for our client.
What you'll do:
As a UX Designer you will be at the forefront of designing consumer and agent real estate experiences from the ground up. We believe design is as much about behavior and emotion as it is about utility and ease.
Your job as the UX Designer is to:
- Craft how people will experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired.
- Tackle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for people around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert.
- Collaborate with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout our innovation process—from creating user flows and wireframes using input from focus group labs to building user interface mockups and prototypes for subsequent labs in our process.
- Learn what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
- You are a self-driven and well-rounded design professional with a keen understanding of how to work as part of a high velocity team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play a key role in conducting user research and collaborating with researchers to understand user needs, create design ideas, and validate product directions.
- Design interfaces as part of our experience lifecycle process by incorporating feedback from usability studies, product management, and engineering.
- Create documentation (including design rules, clickable prototypes, animations) that enables software developers to build software that fosters a delightful user experience.
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers and developers in a fast-paced agile development environment, including taking part in team ceremonies and leading design meetings.
- Must be an open communicator, willing to ask questions, clarify objectives, and suggest any and all best practices and ideas from experience.
- Adept at communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale while aligning to branding and design system guidelines.
- 2 years experience working in cross-functional product development teams.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. graphic, interaction, visual communications, product), HCI, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to create designs and prototypes using Figma. Experience with HTML/CSS/JS is a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile development process.
- Motivated to produce high-quality designs for assigned product streams.
- Fluency with experience design techniques such as storyboarding, wireframing, prototyping, and user research.
- Experience designing and shipping both B2B and B2C products preferred.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range of solutions with a full grasp of the product process from concept to delivery.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.