Senior Software Engineer - Kotlin Multiplatform [Remote, NO C2C]
Engineering | Remote | Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80 - $95 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Software Engineer - Kotlin Multiplatform (Android) for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client is a team made up of innovators, self-starters, independent thinkers, and builders that are at the heart of a financial revolution. We go against the grain to change the world. We’re enabling true financial sovereignty to people around the globe by building out the infrastructure and consumer applications surrounding Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, and other digital assets. This is a completely non-custodial wallet, making it the most reliable and secure way to hold funds without the need for a bank or third party. Your money is your money.
If you’re a disruptor with a relentless attitude to make a difference, then this client may be your next home. As a financial infrastructure company, our mission is unlikely to ever be complete. To date, this company supports over 3 million users across 171 countries, but this is just the beginning.
Until now, non-custodial applications have been clunky and difficult to use, causing people to give up and use custodial options instead. The main reason for our success is because we combine the intuitiveness that custodial options offer, with the security of a non-custodial, completely peer-to-peer system. We rigorously design, redesign, test, and experiment to ensure our customers have a positive, safe experience.
We are looking for an experienced Kotlin Multiplatform (Android) engineer to join our mobile team to help us build the best cryptocurrency experience in the world. The ideal candidate would have some Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile (KMM) experience, as well as familiarity with the iOS platform and developer tools. Given KMM is still in its infancy, candidates who demonstrate a strong interest in KMM and the ability to pick it up quickly will be considered.
Our vision is to decentralize banking and bring the power of financial services to everyone in the world, including the nearly 2 billion adults that to this day remain unbanked.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead the architecture, design and development of new features for our Android app supporting adoption of Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile
- Contribute to requirements gathering and design of UX flows
- Work closely with a talented group of engineers
- Solve challenging problems in the areas of security, blockchain technology and more
- Maintain high standard for code quality through code reviews, unit tests and championing new process improvement initiatives
- This is your oyster. The benefit of a company our size is that you can wear many hats. If there is something you’re interested in, don’t hesitate to speak up. You’ll probably get a chance to do it!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of proven software development experience
- 5+ years of Android app development with at least 2 years using Kotlin on Android
- Experience with Android SDK
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Comfortable working in a team environment, working closely with engineers, product managers, designers, quality assurance and customer support teams
- A desire to learn and grow your skills
- You value your attention to detail
Nice to have:
- Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile (KMM) development experience
- JNI/JNA experience
- C programming experience
- Security or cryptocurrency experience
- Additional Information
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.