Senior Software Engineer
Engineering | Remote | Full Time and Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies NO C2C(See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote or Relocate to Atlanta
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90 - $110 USD / HR W2
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week 6 Month Contract to Hire
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Full Stack Engineer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client is the technology and digital unit of a sports car manufacturer. Its central task is to find and scale new digital business models and optimize existing products.
- Coordinating teams of developers responsible for building new and support existing websites.
- Write high quality, and testable applications that support rapid delivery via continuous integration, delivery, and automated deployments.
- Find creative and innovative approaches to complex problems while working, learning, and collaborating in a cross-functional agile team.
- Handle the design, architecture, development, code review, and testing of key applications.
- Actively participate in agile team activities such as providing input for story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Work closely with the product owners and design team to define feature requirements and deliver the product that supports the business and improves the customer experience.
- Collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines to define technology objectives & explore solution possibilities.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and come up with novel ways to solve them.
- Design and implement scalable web service APIs.
- Define the relevant key-technologies and architecture in alignment with clients initiatives.
- Help establish the local technical and architectural setup.
- 5+ years’ full-stack engineering experience in a production environment.
- 2+ years’ experience with frontend frameworks like React or Angular.
- Expert programming skills in web-based technologies
- Proficiency in Software Development Best Practices (SCM / Unit Tests).
- Deployed customer-facing software into a production environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital products, services, and platforms.
- Experience with, understanding of, and interest in digital trends and new technologies.
- Retail and customer service experience in the digital space is a plus.
- Experience with working in a global team-set up and multi-team collaboration environment.
- The desire to lead new technology adoption and established well designed architectures is a plus.
- Full-stack development and delivery experience with serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, etc.
- Hands-on knowledge of AWS cloud infrastructure and services.
- In-depth knowledge of new and established technologies and programming languages such as Kotlin, Node, Terraform, ReactJS, Angular, Typescript.
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, BDD, Infrastructure as Code, and e2e Test Automations.
- Knowledge of software best practices like Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, Encapsulation etc.
- Proficient in microservice architecture and backend for frontend patterns.
- Experience with highly scalable, highly available systems and services.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.