Senior Ruby Engineer [Remote, NO C2C]
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (must overlap with PT timezone 3 hours per day)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $60 - $80 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
Ruby on Rails
Familiarity with React as a bonus point
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Ruby Engineer for our client.
Our client's brilliant engineering team uses React.js on the frontend, and Rails on the backend. They're looking for people that are passionate about Rails.
As a senior engineer, you'll be one of the leaders of the team, helping to mentor junior engineers, proposing creative solutions, and de-tangling the complex into the simple. They believe strongly in test-driven development and code reviews. You'd be the main reviewer helping to grow the skills of the more junior engineers.
- Build out backend APIs to support clients, taskers, and internal usersWork alongside Chief Architect to craft a robust platform that's organized and easy to maintain.
- Architect and create complex solutions to backend challenges.
- Maintain and expand unit tests and code coverage.
- Implement product features and refactor existing code throughout the stack.
- Provide feedback on features being developed across the company and suggest solutions.
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback and commenting on other's approaches.
- Collaborate with design and product management to conceptualize a new product features.
We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Below gives you a sense of how we're thinking about what you'll need to be successful in the role.
- You have 5-10 years of experience
- You're comfortable with Ruby and Rails, familiarity with React a plus
- You have built API-driven applications or endpoints
- You're familiar with Linux command line (Bonus points if you've also been exposed to automated build systems)
- You're excited about continuous integration and frequent, daily releases
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.