Senior React / Next.js Developer (NO C2C!)
Engineering | Remote | Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $60 - $80 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
Preference is for Western Hemisphere timezones. Open to global talent who can overlap with PST to EST, but applicants must have extremely strong spoken English.
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Data Architect for our client.
About the Role
As Senior React Developer you will:
- Be responsible for the architecture and OO implementation of React (or Next.js) front-end.
- Develop and implement highly-responsive user interface components using React (or Next.js).
- Troubleshoot interface software and debugging application codes.
- Meet with the development team to discuss user interface ideas and applications.
- Develop in alignment with established coding standards and design pattern best practices.
- Convert screen mockups to React for both desktop and mobile-friendly pages.
- Monitor and improve front-end performance.
- Assist as needed with documentation concerning architecture and implementation guidance.
- Use TDD techniques (with 50% min code coverage) for the development of Next.js components.
We are only looking for candidates with proven experience using:
- React (using Next.js a plus) for web application development
- Experienced with responsive development for desktop, tablet and mobile form factors
- Redux state management
- Reusable component design and separation of concerns
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Git source management
- Appropriate use of open-source libraries
Extra credit qualifications
- Open-source author and/or contributor
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Candidates must havre extremely strong written and spoken English.
A great candidate has:
- A proven track record of creative problem solving in technology.
- The ability to adapt and respond to challenges with a positive mental attitude.
- Willingness to dive into code they didn’t write.
- Timeliness, honesty and integrity.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.