Senior React Native Engineer [Remote, NO C2C]
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (must overlap with PT timezone 3 hours per day)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $60 - $80 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
Familiarity with React.js as a bonus point
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior React Native Engineer for our client.
- Build mobile and web applications focused on Clients, Taskers, and internal users
- On any given day you might help remove friction from the hiring process or think through a schema for a new product feature
- Collaborate with design and product management to conceptualize a new product feature from the ground up
- Work alongside the junior engineers to help them think through designs, code implementation, and know how to break down their goals into actionable steps
- Comfortable working on small amount of mobile native code on iOS and Android that interfaces with the React Native application.
- Provide feedback through code reviews and white boarding sessions
- Maintain and expand unit tests and code coverage
- Implement product features and refactor existing code throughout the stack
- 5+ Years experience, comfortable mentoring junior engineers
- Follow advances in browser technology and get excited about things like Service Workers and Promises
- Familiar with automated testing and JS build and packaging systems like Webpack, Grunt, Bower, and Yeoman.
- Prefer to work with continuous integration and frequent, daily releases
- Understand how to organize code across the stack, what belongs in the front end, what the back
- Comfortable making trade offs between maintainability, time to market, and feature set
- Know how to break problems down into smaller iterable steps achievable quickly
- Be comfortable with caching and understanding full lifecycle behavior of data flowing through the system
- Knowledge of Ruby, MySQL, Redis, Rails, React, and ElasticSearch - all a plus but not required
- Agile. Intelligent. Creative. Problem-solver. Startup lover. You like making things happen.
- They care about experience, not degrees. They're looking for people that can demonstrate their mastery of programming.
- You have contributed to an open source software project. Show us your github account, our client'd love to see what you're passionate about.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.