Senior QA Engineer (Freelance Contract, Remote)
Product Development | Moscow, Russia | Full Time and Contract
ESTIMATED HOURS PER WEEK: 40
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (long, on-going project) - not available for C2C (see notes below)
Requirements: MUST SPEAK RUSSIAN TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need an experienced developer for this client.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our client has a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
They are looking for a talented and experienced QA engineer to join their team. You will need to make sure that their web application meets high-quality standards.
- At least 3+ years of experience in developing autotests for desktop/mobile browsers using Kotlin or Java,
- Experience writing autotests for backend services,
- Understanding the principles of building a multi-threaded framework for testing,
- Understanding the major patterns and frameworks for auto testing (like as PageObject, PageFactory and FW TestNG),
- Experience with Git and Gitflow, Gradle/Maven,
- Knowledge of RestAPI / Networking / HTTPS,
- Good knowledge of how Selenium works,
- Experience with software lifecycle tools such as Jira/YouTrack, Jenkins/Circle-CI/Bamboo, etc,
- Working knowledge of testing methodologies, including test case design, test scripting, defect analysis, defect reporting, and defect tracking,
- English level: Intermediate+.
- Time zone: GMT+3 (+/- 2 hours)
Good to know/have:
- Experience writing tests for mobile applications
- Experience with JMeter
- Build an environment and CI/CD system for test automation
- Selenium Grid and dockers
- Perform functional, regression, integration, and system testing of web applications,
- Design, write, execute, and maintain automated test cases,
- Serve as the right hand to the Head of QA, contributing to the design and improvement of the automation testing framework; offering insights and recommendations to inform decisions made regarding automation tools,
- Collaborate with stakeholders (business analysts, developers, product owners, end-users, and others) to understand business requirements and stakeholders’ needs,
- Analyze system logs, configurations and other system data using common technology tools for test confirmation and defect analysis,
- Responsible for bug management process and issue identification and tracking (bug advocacy).
PAY RANGE: $17-30 USD/HR
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with Braintrust's core team. We will answer your questions about the project and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project. Candidates will be invited to bid on additional projects that are a fit as well.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created a corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust!