Senior Product Manager (insurtech)
Design | Remote | Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote US BASED
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 - $125 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
fintech, agile, lean, product roadmap, MVP, concept
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Product Manager for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client is working to define the future of insurtech by democratizing insurance for everyone. This is a chance to be among the first in an industry that is now being disrupted by technology to help make insurance accessible to everyone.
A corporate-backed insurtech venture, is looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead one of our innovation projects from inception to MVP launch. We are energized by our mission to create exceptional customer-centric digital insurance products. You'll join a team of marketers, designers, engineers, product experts, and data strategists working together to realize this vision. You will have a chance to build on an existing strong foundation of engaged customers and fuel future growth.
Lead the ideation, design, technical development, and launch of a new product, through a series of iterative project phases and sprints
Collaborate with Engineering, Design, and Marketing teams -- both internal and external agency partners -- to better understand use cases and create a product vision and strategy to meet customer/user needs
Collaborate with Engineering and Design to break down and prioritize the work into a backlog
Define, analyze, and report on product KPIs and establish shared vision across teams by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
Provide goals, structure, mentoring and inspiration to Design, Engineering, and Business team members
Establish user feedback cycles and partner with Design and Marketing to manage and run product feedback through concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing to enhance customer experience
Launch new products and features, test their performance, and iterate quickly
Understand Guardian Direct's strategic and competitive position and provide insights into related product, technology and market trends
Be lean in how you operate, always improving, always aligned to the bigger picture
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Experience creating and launching new products/projects/ventures a big plus (esp. in a startup or venture-like operating model)
- Fintech/insurtech experience a must
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary team (such as Engineering, UX/UI Design, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing) and managing a roadmap and priorities to achieve ambitious project goals
- Strong command of data-driven product development and strong knowledge and hands on experience of agile/lean methodologies; proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with high-level direction
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills; diligent attention to detail and strong technical intuition
- A nimble approach to thinking strategically while rolling up your sleeves and getting great work done
- Strong leadership, communication and relationship building skills
- A portfolio that showcases a variety of work and a demonstrated and focused desire to build products and services that customers will love
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.