Senior Product Manager, Digital Incubator, Direct
Product Development | New York City, NY | Full Time and Temp to Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: GMT -5) US-based only
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 - $125 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
HIGH-LEVEL QUALIFICATIONS: InsurTech, Lean, Digital Distribution, MVP, Business Requirements, Roadmap planning, Agile, Strategy, Product Vision, Fintech
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Product Manager for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Guardian Digital, a well-capitalized incubator based in New York City, is determined to define the future of insurtech. We are a passionate, small, and mighty team of strategists, marketers, designers and engineers obsessed with being among the first in an industry being disrupted by technology. We are as obsessed with our customers and measuring results, and see opportunities to learn every day.
We are excited by our successes in the highly competitive digital insurance marketplace. Guardian Direct® and Dental Exchange are meeting our mission to democratize and make quality insurance accessible to all people.
At the same time, we’re not a team that rests easy. In parallel, we are exploring new and equally disruptive business models, and are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Incubation Team in the early stages of a new start up venture focused on digital distribution. If you are energized by a test and learn approach, working on stuff that moves the needle, and have a passion for tech that empowers people, we may be the fit for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead the ideation, design, technical development, and launch of a new product, through a series of iterative project phases and sprints
- Be the voice of the customer in the definition of innovative digital solutions
Champion MVP concept(s) distilling the product down to what is desirable, viable and feasible
- Work with design team to gain an understanding of user personas, pain points and journeys
- Develop feature lists, user stories, and roadmaps
- Collaborate with engineering, design, and marketing teams to create a product vision and strategy aligned with customer needs continuously gaining a better understanding of use cases
- Collaborate with engineering to break down and prioritize work into a backlog
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
- Be hyper focused and organized driving cross-functional teams to collectively scope, design, concept test and deliver innovative solutions
- Assist with the development of business cases and operating plans
Develop materials to communicate progress to team members, stakeholder and partners
- Define, analyze, and report on product KPIs and establish shared vision across teams by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Launch new products and features, test their performance, and iterate quickly
- Be lean in how you operate, always improving, always aligned to the bigger picture
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 5+ years of product management experience with demonstrated growth mindset
- Experience creating and launching new products/projects/ventures a big plus (esp. in a startup or venture-like operating model)
- Experience with insurtech, digital distribution, and B2B digital engagement
- Demonstrated and focused desire to build products and services that customers will love
- Experience helping define strategy, and then breaking it down into how that translates in a roadmap, OKRs, and features
- Understanding of data-driven product development and strong knowledge of agile methodologies
- Ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with high-level direction
- Lean thinker and always looking for ways to experiment and test hypotheses
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Experience with A/B testing and analyzing data
- Constant attention to detail and ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines
- Experience managing a roadmap that encompasses multiple teams and product areas such as Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing
- Diligent attention to detail and strong technical intuition
- A nimble approach to thinking strategically while rolling up your sleeves and getting great work done
- Strong leadership, communication and relationship building skills
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.