Senior Product Designer, Trading Platforms
Design | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote US and UK Based candidates only
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 - $125USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
We've onboarded some of the world's most reputable brands and now we need a Senior Product Designer, Trading Platforms for one of our clients.
- An exceptional portfolio of product design case studies demonstrating your skill across the full design stack, from big-picture strategy and research to interaction and visual design
- Experience designing products at early-stage startups with small, fast-paced teams of generalist designers. Years of experience isn't everything, but you probably have two or more years of experience in similar roles.
- Experience using and designing products in web3
- A strong systems-thinking mindset that enables you to simplify complex systems into easy-to-use products, backed by a desire to design conceptual solutions, not just usable UI
- Expertise in designing for responsive web
- A bias towards documentation and artifacts, especially interactive prototypes, as a way to present concepts. As a global remote company, we rely a lot on artifact-based communication over real-time meetings to maintain speed and clarity across time zones and languages.
- Strong communication skills, including at least professional proficiency in English (with more languages a plus—we are a global company)
What You'll Do
- Own design for large parts of our core product, working closely with others across the company to iterate quickly while upholding a high design quality bar
- Make data-backed decisions where possible by conducting user research, but yet be unafraid to trust your judgement and take risks, particularly in the absence of strong data
- Wear a lot of hats and get your hands dirty, moving from big, conceptual, strategic design challenges to more narrowly-defined tactical deliverables with ease
- Become a go-to expert in the technical constraints, user needs, business goals, industry landscape, and design best practices that shape our product
- Help shape the vision of design across the company, including in the design of our current and future products and our design team culture
- Help grow and improve the design team by mentoring others, contributing feedback, interviewing design candidates, structuring design processes, and more.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.