Senior Product Designer - Mobile
Product Development | Remote | Full Time and Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (Located in US Time Zone, required)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80-$110 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - 4-month project (with extension potential)
5 years experience of UX/UI design work, focused on Mobile
Strong sense of UX Process
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We match freelancers to projects with enterprise organizations like Porsche, Nestle, Deloitte, and Nasa, and have an immediate need to fill this role for this client.
Please note, we have several UI/UX projects available that require less experience, and less mobile experience. We may reach out to you about these roles as well.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client builds one of the world's leading e-learning platforms. They strive to improve digital solutions, which are crafted for students from all over the globe to learn and grow and to acquire better future opportunities for themselves and their families.
Join the team responsible for crafting the user experience of enrolled students, from when they sign up for the course through completion and course assessment. Deeply focused on course satisfaction, progress, and completion rate, the team is looking for a Sr. UI/UX Designer to join the team to dedicate design cycles to the mobile user.
The team is looking for a senior designer that can take strong initiative in proactively collaborating with Product managers, Data Teams, and other designers. From initiating design sprints, defining UX process and strategy, and crafting final visual designs, this team is looking for a designer that works independently.
Working on both the UX and UI sides of Product Design, this designer can estimate that 60-70% of their time will be spent on strategy (design sprints, user flows, persona development, testing), and 40-30% of time will be spent on execution (Wireframes, high-fidelities based on existing design partners).
The team has a strong pipeline of projects for this role, including:
- Redefined the mobile-only experience for courses
- Mobile-only course enrollment
- Other external tools and app integrations into the mobile experience
- Log out experience
- Post-course assessment experience specifically for mobile users
SKILLS / TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of five years as a UI/UX product designer working on independent projects within a team setting.
- Extremely strong Native App experience, minimum of 4 years of experience
- Experience designing apps that have published on Google and Apple stores
- Native app experience (70-80%)
- Some web experience needed to deliver the ideal native experience
- Nice to have: Tablet experience
- Company issued laptop
- Pass basic background check
- You embody design thinking in your work and have a strong point of view
- Can thoughtfully and critically explain design decisions
- You can work independently, take strong initiative, and define UX process and strategy
- Deeply committed to a collaborative process
- Able to engage with business stakeholder and engineers to gather necessary data and information to bring the project to successful completion
- Showcases excellent judgment and decision making skills in realigning priorities
- Able to come up with workarounds as needed
- Can articulate details and having a view from 3k feet
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.