Senior Product Designer for Design System
Design | Remote | Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90 - $110 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Product Designer for our client.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Production Designer to support crafting web and mobile components that include the full rigor of design around macro- and micro-UI interactions and states. The ideal candidate will be fluent in working with Figma, and have a strong foundation in mobile and responsive design. Our component libraries and patterns have to support an array of needs around productivity, search, and communication. Our design systems play an essential role supporting the success of our development teams to think big, be solutions driven, and move fast to ensure our customers are alway prepared and productive.
Our client seeks to solve highly complex problems through an end-to-end platform solution that measurably improves business outcomes for our agent customer. Because our model disrupts existing processes that are often disconnected and inefficient (and sometimes still being executed via analog solutions), our experiences need to clearly demonstrate value, lower the barrier to entry, and be dead simple to use. This is a great opportunity for product designers who are strong system thinkers, excited about the ways that technology can take on the heavy lifting of day to day work, and have a demonstrated track record of delivering simple, intuitive customer experiences.
What you'll do:
Designers lead the full lifecycle of their designs across all platforms, collaborate with product managers on strategy, participate in research to test and validate designs, and consult with engineering to make everything come to life.
- Own the iterative design process from research/discovery to concept to final delivery
- Create key artifacts and components for our design system, including
- Listing and platform status badges
- Web and mobile card variants and motion patterns; drag and drop pattern
- Accessible map pin stages across multiple map views (default, flood zones, satellite)
- Create scalable components and patterns that work across multiple work surfaces and platforms and work with complex use-cases and requirements.
- Meaningfully collaborate with Design System team (composed of designers and front-end/mobile engineers)
- Pair with engineers to realize your designs on all platforms (web, iOS, Android).
- Be constantly on the lookout for best practices, design patterns and anti-patterns, throughout various industries and platforms.
- Participate in sprint planning discussions.
- Be a key player on a small but mighty team making a huge impact
What you bring to the table:
- 5-7 years of UX/UI experience, incl. responsive design; expert knowledge of Figma; at least 2-3 years working with Design Systems;
- Experience working on complex workflow experiences with demonstrated success; real estate, financial services, eCommerce, or CRM/campaign management experience a big plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively collaborate with other designers as well as cross-functional partners including engineers; and available for all key meetings throughout normal working hours
- Experience working with design system components, thinking in terms of design systems, and making rational and logical design decisions
- Strong visual design and interaction design skills; able to create artifacts quickly with the right level of fit and finish
- Familiarity with best in class UI + interaction patterns and best practices;
- Ability to create interactive prototypes in Figma
- Systems thinker, detail-oriented and meticulous, can easily identify use-cases and scenarios,
- Demonstrated understanding of cross-platform thinking and best practices on both mobile and desktop platforms
- Experience working in an agile development environment and comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Practiced at iterative ideation and deliverables, seeking and receiving feedback as a natural part of the product development process, and finding opportunities inside of requirements and constraints
- A strong online portfolio that showcases a variety of work to prove it all
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.