Senior Product Designer
Engineering | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Full Time
- Contract type: Contractor, Freelancers | No C2C - no agencies
- Location: United States only- MST, CST or EST (Time Zone: CST | Full day overlap)
- Hourly Rate: $80 – $100/hr
- Estimated Duration: Full time | 40 hrs/wk - Long term
• 4+ years of design experience, preferably in a SaaS, marketing technology, or related industry
• You should have a top-notch portfolio to share; exhibiting a proven track record of the end-to-end product development cycle, highlighting your approach to problem solving and achieving outcomes that you will deliver for our client. This should include user experience, visual design, and interaction design.
• Strong design skills, with a portfolio displaying end-to-end product development cycle (take out)
• Hands on expertise with ecommerce design, solid visual design and prototyping skills that delivers measurable outcomes for both our client and its customers.
• Experience with Figma
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated mentorship/leadership experience • Experience with HTML/CSS is not required but nice to have
- Visual Design
What you’ll be working on
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be responsible for our client's app experience, working cross-collaboratively with their product and engineering teams to complete projects. This role requires a high level of ownership, people management skills, and great decision-making abilities. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a growing start-up team in the ecommerce space, strategically and diplomatically facing challenges while innovating the ecommerce experience from a design angle.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
• Take conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for their growing customer base, understanding technical limitations and thinking outside the box in overcoming them.
• Contribute to the company and product style guide, including product design roadmaps.
• Design user flows and experiences that are intuitive and simple to use.
• Collaborate with the engineering team to brainstorm, design, and iterate on projects and
complicated design systems, while also having the ability to successfully communicate complexities across different teams.
• Lead customer interviews to receive feedback and use this information to influence your designs.
• Contribute to the overall product design roadmap, including design decisions and priorities.to influence product strategy, improving processes, and providing a vision for subsequent experiences
• Help grow the product design team by participating in the hiring process. • Coach and mentor junior designers effectively, showing your innate leadership skills and cultivating a collaborative team environment.
• Give feedback to designers and use feedback from designers and others on internal teams to continually improve the quality of designs.
• Recommend and implement improvements to designed process.