Senior Interaction Designer (No C2C)
Design | Remote, - / +4 hrs from PDT | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies, (No C2C)
LOCATION: Remote, GMT -8GMT -7GMT -6 (Mountain View & Austin)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $110 - $120 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Comfortable being the only designer in a cross-functional team
Solid Senior Interaction Design portfolio should have at the very least ( research, testing, personas, journey maps, low & high fidelity work, mainly enterprise B2B complex problem solving, no mobile, must show strong UCD)
Candidate will not need to create system/ pattern, must have used pattern library before
Role leans Service Design (Journey)/ Research/ and Interaction Design
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Interaction Designer for our client.
Who we're looking for
The client is searching for an experienced Sr. UX Designer to join our Buyer Experience Team in San Francisco.
As a Senior UX Designer on our Buyer Experience Team, you'll partner creatively and strategically with a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, analysts, customer advocates, content designers and designers to help build and improve the experience of our customers as they evaluate and purchase client's products
The Buyer Experience Team:
- Owning the product vision, strategy and buying experience on their website and its role as an information hub to other company web properties
- Experimenting, testing and optimizing to create a delightful, frictionless and tailored end-to-end purchasing and billing experience Aligning on a shared vision across the company and driving toward project execution
- Creating a seamless billing and management experience for our customers
You will be empowered to innovate and transform the experience of our users as they purchase, augment and manage our products.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Design experiences across our web buying experiences
- Launch experiences for our strategic partnerships with Software and Tech companies to maximize their impact on our growth
- Work across our Product and marketing teams to create a clear, understandable decision making and purchasing model
- With your cross-functional team, develop a keen understanding of our potential users and their needs–whether through user research, problem unpacking, or sketching/visualization
- Use data to drive and inform the experience across the buyer's journey
- From this understanding, you'll design experiences that help bridge the gap between our customers' goals and the capabilities that the client's products provide for them
- Through ideation and experimentation, be the champion of experience improvements across the client's purchasing flows, whether that's a new shopping cart experience, new pricing structure, or new product purchase
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- An updated and polished portfolio that demonstrates strong interaction design with informed empathy for the user. This is key for us. Professional UX design experience under your belt, ideally for e-commerce and purchasing in a B2B setting.
- Demonstrated love of the open iterative design process – constantly sketching, showing messy work in progress, validating with customers and data, iterating, shipping, learning, growing, and shipping customer value some more.
- Strong facilitation and cross-functional collaboration skills: you can demonstrate the ability to work across multiple teams, solicit and synthesize helpful feedback, and facilitate design discussions.
- Experience with strategies for utilizing data including qualitative and quantitative feedback to drive awesome digital experiences.
- Bonus points for experience using behavioral economics and psychology perspectives to achieve established customer and business outcomes.
More about the team
Designers at the company, are responsible for the complete user experience, from discovery and ideation, through implementation and iteration based on key success metrics. You will join a smart team that is passionate about creating the best user experience possible, and committed to delivering what users need to manage and maintain our products. We challenge each other constantly, asking the 'hard questions' to improve our work. We're dedicated to agile methodology and big believers in 'lean', with a strong flair for innovation.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.