Senior Full stack software engineer
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST). Open to global talent who can overlap 4-5 hours a day with EST timezone.
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $50 - $90 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, on going project
6 month contract (ideally a contract-to-hire).
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Full stack software engineer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
This is the era of AI and the “industrial internet” – complex systems that can help a mammoth factory run at peak efficiency. But that’s for the elite one percent of manufacturers. What about the rest?
Our client's mission-driven team is building the manufacturing excellence platform for all of us. Good for business, good for the planet. The manufacturing operations cloud is a plug-and-play platform that gives any factory team the tools to get to operational excellence quickly, cost-effectively, and simply. Sensors clip on any machine, and an intuitive cloud-based app gives instant visibility and insights across the team. The system keeps learning and improving, and APIs will allow a developer ecosystem to add even more value on top, helping everyone in the community benefit from what others are learning. Instead of putting out fires all day, a factory's team will have the tools it needs to build a culture of high performance. And just by doing so, will save energy and cut down on waste. Imagine the enormous impact on climate change if most of the world's 10 million factories get close to peak efficiency, helping both their businesses and the planet.
The client's team shares the following values:
- Integrity matters. We are honest, straightforward and sincere. With each other. With our investors. With our customers.
- We (actually) care. About each other. About fighting climate change. About making a real impact.
- We use data to make decisions. We possess the courage to accept “hard truths” and confront challenges head-on.
- The power of growth mindset is real. We strive to be the best we can be; to achieve this we are committed to embracing change and expanding our capabilities.
Our client is looking for a senior full-stack software developer to help develop our cloud-based dashboard and supporting infrastructure. This is an individual contributor role, with room for expanding leadership responsibilities.
A Senior Engineer at Guidewheel:
- Executes well, but doesn’t just execute – asks “why,” understands the big picture, and delivers the best possible solution
- Completes high quality work in a timely manner
- Thoughtfully translates customer and business needs into software solutions that can scale
- Designs and architects solutions, gathering additional resources as needed
- Strategically owns projects from beginning to end, adeptly managing others and communicating with teammates as needed to execute
- Writes code that is designed to be future proof - not just within a function, but within a project’s architecture
- Writes useful tests and encourages others to write tests
- Maintains clear documentation and proactively communicates
- Offers thoughtful code reviews, and constantly seeks improvement in their own work
Our stack includes the following technologies: Node, Vue, PostgreSQL, Big Table, Rabbit, Redis, Heroku/Google Cloud, Twilio/Sendgrid. Our team collaborates using GitHub, Slack, and Asana.
- At least 7 years experience as a professional software developer, with proven track record of deploying quality production software and writing clean code
- Technical degree in computer science or equivalent, or comparable demonstration of qualifications
- Comfortable with the full stack - from front end pixel pushing to database configuring
- Experience with CI/CD and test-driven methodologies
- Comfortable working remotely and cross-culturally with team members from multiple countries, across different time zones, in an Agile environment
- Entrepreneurial attitude - wants to be part of a fast growing team and work directly with customers to maximize value in the system
- Gets the big picture, relentlessly follows up on details
- Team-oriented, while being proactive and self-directed
- Able to prioritize, take initiative, communicate clearly, and manage many projects and work streams simultaneously; meets deadlines and keeps commitments
- Eager to bring radical candor to work and enthusiastic about building positive organizational culture
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.