Senior Full Stack Software Eng (Ruby on Rail, java, react.js)
Engineering | Washington, DC | Full Time and Contract
JOB TYPE: Contract to Hire Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: GMT-5, GMT-6, GMT-7, GMT-8, GMT-9)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $74 USD / HR with benefits included
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
At WeWork, we provide inspiring and flexible workplace solutions to help businesses – small, medium or large – thrive in more than 150 cities globally. The future of work is happening right now, and we are leading this moment. United by a common purpose, here we will empower tomorrow’s world at work. Join us on our journey as we give our members the freedom and support to push boundaries in their industries, and work to redefine our own.
- W2, contract to hire for this role.
- Must have GMT-5, GMT-6, GMT-7, GMT-8, GMT-9, open to Global
- Desired Start Date: ASAP
- Experience Level: 5+ years / Mid Level +
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science and 5+ years of experience building backend systems OR 8+ years of building backend systems.
- Preferred experience with REST and Graphql Apis, Postgres, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Kubernetes, Docker, and Git
- Preferred experience working on teams with heavy emphasis on DevOps, Automation, CI/CD, and Quality (Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, etc).
- You will have the opportunity to work with Ruby, Java, Kotlin, Spring, React
- Demonstrated architecture skills at a multi-system level and writing scalable, efficient, and clean code.
- As excited to write tests and docs as you are to write readable and efficient code
Comfortable working with Product Managers, Designers, Data Scientists, and non-technical executive stakeholders
- Flexible attitude and able to adapt to rapidly changing requirements and business needs
- Eager to dive in and contribute to long-lived systems and improve them for the sake of our members and for your fellow engineers, without getting stuck on ensuring perfection
- Enjoy working in an Agile development environment and taking initiatives in improving systems for the sake of your teammates and our users.
- Enjoy systems designing through leading designs of major software components, systems, and features owned by the team.
- Able to utilize design, coding patterns, tools and frameworks and methods to facilitate in effectively meeting the team sprint objectives and the overall quarterly team objectives.
- Can drive feature development end-to-end and deliver large projects at quarterly level.
- Comfortable partnering with product, design, and peer engineering leads and managers.
- Interested in indirectly influencing beyond functional boundaries, such as with product on technical feasibility and roadmap, or with test engineering on tooling and execution needs.
- Eager to align correlated systems across squads on common API patterns, practices, or other instrumentation.
Ruby on rails
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.