Senior ETL Data Engineer ( US only)
Engineering | Remote in Los Angeles, CA | Contract | From $75.00 to $85.00 per hour
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote ( US Only )
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $75 - $85 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Short term
Must be in the US to Apply | W2 Role
• Minimum 10 year experience in BI development and support
• 7 years of experience with data warehouse concepts and methodologies
• 2 years of experience with AWS environment
• Experience with database design & modeling
• Experience with business intelligence or reporting tools (preferably Tableau and Alteryx) is a plus
• Working experience in ecommerce industry and web analytics will be a plus
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Highly motivated self-starter, detail and quality oriented and able to work independently
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Senior ETL Data Engineer is responsible for design, develop, deliver and support ETL solutions using SQL scripts and various ETL tools.
• Champion and manage new initiatives to completion to improve and streamline operations processes and maximize systems efficiency.
• Work as part of a team to support business analytics for growing online consumer subscription service.
• Play key role in building out a semantic layer through development of ETLs and virtualized views.
• Participate in requirement definition, solution development and implementation phases of semantic layer.
• Work with Engineering teams to explore and understand new data being introduced to front end application
• Consolidate existing long running SQL scripts to build new ETL solutions in SQL
• Create and maintain ETL specifications and process documentations to produce the required data deliverables (requirement, design, operational support guide, etc.).
• Configure and tune ETL infrastructure to optimize the semantic layer architecture
• Troubleshoot and resolve data, system, and performance issues.