Senior e-commerce Architect (Remote No Corp to Corp)
Engineering | Remote | Full Time and Contract
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 - $150 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, 6-month project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior e-commerce Architect for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our Client is the new commerce infrastructure for the Internet. Our mission is to accelerate the GMV of the Internet by providing a platform and ecosystem to fundamentally change the way commerce happens in a multi-channel world.
We're building a future where Direct-to-Consumer Brands, Retailers, and B2B Businesses (wholesalers, manufacturers, and distributors) have the commerce capabilities that today are only afforded by Marketplace organizations with billions of dollars in R&D. We want the customer experience of discovery, shopping, or replenishment to be individualized, delightful, and seamless on all channels. We want merchandising, marketing, and commerce operations teams to have intelligent, powerful, and practical tools to best serve their customers and grow every channel of commerce. We’re building a future where developers have a platform that is highly secure, scalable, adaptable, and simple to build on.
THE OPPORTUNITY: This role addresses the most challenging initiatives within the current and future architecture of our ecosystem engineering organization. We are looking for a candidate that is able to provide expert leadership to guide multiple teams through complex technical challenges and provide assistance when needed. A key focus of this engagement is to write a playbook for migrating from ATG (and possibly other e-commerce platforms) to our client that will inform client engagements and product roadmap.
- Lead the definition of software architecture for our client's eCommerce solution across various products and integrated solutions
- Document, review, and evolve the client's architecture and how to make it seamless to integrate from other eCommerce platform providers
- Write a playbook for migration from ATG (and possibly other ecommerce platform providers) to our client
- Provide technical guidance and architecture solutions to our client solution delivery
- Mentor other engineers in their technical and architectural decision making
Define and maintain the enterprise data model of our client databases in MongoDB
- Explore, evaluate, recommend, and act as the lead subject matter in emerging technology trends and proof-of-concept efforts.
- 4+ years of work experience as a Staff Engineer, Principal engineer or an IT/Software/Solution Architect.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 4+ years of eCommerce platform delivery experience; strong hands on experience with ATG a requirement; experience with other eCommerce platforms a plus
- Experience building cloud-based solutions preferably on AWS; well versed with AWS, Azure and Google cloud offerings; AWS Serverless based development experience is preferred
- Experience working with a highly cross-functional team and handling multiple priorities
- Portfolio of projects and technical writing showcasing a variety of projects to back it all
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.