Senior DevOps Engineer [Remote, NO C2C]
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (EST working hours required, US-based candidates preferred)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $50 - $70 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
3-5 years of DevOps Experience
- Terraform / Ansible
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior DevOps Engineer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
They are an MIT spinoff consisting of machine learning hackers, full stack engineers, and user-experience doyens. They value epic engineering and a high emotional intelligence, high empathy work environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You will work on cutting-edge technology to help architect on-premise and multi-cloud infrastructure. You will help define best principles and practices for microservices initiatives while building out a high-performance horizontally scaled machine learning architecture.
- Have an expert level understanding of Terraform and Ansible in order to support both multi-cloud and on-premise customers.
- Work closely with the core engineering team to iterate on existing Docker Swarm infrastructure and Jenkins CI pipelines strategies.
- Have an expert level understanding of AWS / GCP and related tooling.
- Bring an expert level understanding of Docker containerization and orchestration.
- Ensure continued success of our containerization strategy by advising on persistence and parameterization requirements for new services.
- Advise on infrastructure goals while keeping an eye on developer productivity and security.
- Help ensure operational integrity by advising on uptime requirements, data backups, maintenance planning, and swarm migration strategies.
- 3-5 years of production DevOps experience.
- 1-2 Years of experience on Google Cloud Platform
- 1-2 Years of experience on Amazon Web Services
- Must be fluent in Terraform / Ansible / Bash / Python
- Strong understanding of Postgres Administration
- Experience building and maintaining distributed microservices; debugging and monitoring live production environments with Docker.
- B.S., or M.S., in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
FULL TECH STACK ON THE PROJECT:
- Infrastructure: Terraform / Ansible / Docker Swarm / AWS / GCP
- Storage: PostgreSQL / Redis / Elasticsearch / Minio
- MicroServices / Continuous Deployment
- On-Premise first / Multi Cloud
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.